Merkmale der PH und Strategie 2017-2020

Am 1. Februar 2017 hat die Kammer Pädagogische...

Read more

A National Open Access Strategy: Toward the Unrestricted Publication of Research Output

At its plenary assembly on Tuesday, 31 January...

Read more

Die europäischen Hochschulen fordern ein sofortiges Überdenken von Trumps Einreiseverbot

Die European University Association EUA ist...

Read more

Neue Governance für das Zulassungsverfahren für das Medizinstudium

swissuniversities übernimmt künftig mehr...

Read more

Echange et coopération en recherche et enseignement: opportunités européennes

La Commission recherche et développement de la...

Read more

SUDAC programme: first call for proposals launched

The swissuniversities Development and Cooperation...

Read more

Hochschulrat verabschiedet Sonderprogramm Humanmedizin

Im Rahmen des Sonderprogramms Humanmedizin hat...

Read more

EURAXESS website relaunch: we are online

The website has been relaunched...

Read more

BREF – Brückenschläge mit Erfolg

Die Förderentscheide sind gefallen. Die nächste...

Read more

Sonderpädagogische Kompetenzen in der Ausbildung von Regelklassen-Lehrpersonen

Die Kammer der Pädagogischen Hochschulen von...

Read more

Working while studying

Foreign students may work a maximum of 15 hours per work during their studies, and up to 100% during semester breaks. This must be reported in all cases to the responsible immigration authorities. Students from outside the EU/EFTA region may only start working six months after the beginning of their studies. In these cases, the employer must submit a corresponding request for taking up employment to ensure that an employment check can be carried out. Following this, the immigration authorities can issue a work permit.

Jobs can be found in newspaper advertisements, general employment websites, student associations at your university or via the university itself. Here are some websites at the individual universities as well as some other useful links:


Working after studies

If you are a university graduate and you do not want to work at a university, you«ll have to look through the job advertisements in daily newspapers, in specialist publications, at associations and in the corresponding web publications. You»ll find further tips and links at the professional counselling services at → Careers → Search for job.

EPFL Graduates/Alumni: JobsForBrains

The university as employer

As there is no central database of open positions at universities, the university in question must be looked for in the database. A collection of direct websites can be found at EURAXESS SWITZERLAND. If you do not find what you are looking for there, ask at the subject-specific institute, department or seminar of the university you are interested in.