The president chairs the Board and represents swissuniversities and all Swiss universities at the national and international level.
Prof. Dr. Michael Hengartner
Rector of the University of Zurich
The Board of the Rector's Conference is comprised of: The president, the chairs of the three chambers as vice-presidents ex officio and one other member of each chamber who is elected to the plenary assembly for a period of three years on the nomination of the chamber. The secretary general participates in the meetings in an advisory capacity.
The Board meets at least five times each year.
Members of the Board
- Prof. Dr. Michael Hengartner, rector of the University of Zurich, president of swissuniversities
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Bieger, rector of the University of St. Gallen, president of the chamber of universities
- Prof. Dr. Crispino Bergamaschi, president of the board of directors of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland, president of the chamber of universities of applied sciences
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Rudolf Schärer, rector of the University of Teacher Education Lucerne, president of the chamber of universities of teacher education
all as vice presidents ex officio
- Prof. Dr. Lino Guzzella, president of ETHZ, chamber of universities
- Prof. Franco Gervasoni, director of SUPSI, chamber of universities of applied science
- Patrice Clivaz, director of PH Wallis, chamber of universities of teacher education
- Dr. Martina Weiss, secretary general of swissuniversities (in an advisory capacity)