Chamber of universities
To ensure continuity, the chamber of universities generally carries out the duties of the former CRUS that are not explicitly assigned to another chamber. In particular, it ensures the exchange of information, harmonisation of academic procedures and definitions and appropriate division of duties among the universities and, in the framework of swissuniversities institutions, with the universities of applied sciences.
The voting members of the chamber of universities are the rectors and presidents of the ten cantonal universities and both Swiss federal institutes of technology. Led by the Board (president and two vice-presidents), the chamber works with the panels of swissuniversities, its own commissions, and the experts that it consults in various areas of responsibility and expertise.
Member of the Chamber of universities
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Bieger, Rector of University St. Gallen, President of the Chamber of universities
- Prof. Dr. Astrid Epiney, Rector of University Freiburg, Vice-President of the Chamber of universities
- Prof. Dr. Lino Guzzella, President of ETH Zurich, Vice-President of the Chamber of universities
- Prof. Dr. Boas Erez, Rector of USI
- Prof. Dr. Yves Flückiger, Rector of University Geneva
- Prof. Dr. Michael Hengartner, Rector of University Zurich
- Prof. Dr. Nouria Hernandez, Rector of University Lausanne
- Prof. Dr. Christian Leumann, Rector of University Bern
- Prof. Dr. Andrea Schenker-Wicki, Rector of University Basel
- Prof. Dr. Bruno Staffelbach, Rector of University Lucerne
- Prof. Dr. Kilian Stoffel, Rector of University Neuchâtel
- Prof. Dr. Martin Vetterli, President of EPFL