Responsibilities of the Swiss ENIC
We provide information on
- foreign higher education systems
- (GE, FR)
- between Switzerland an Germany, Italy, Austria and France
- the legal status of higher education institutions in and abroad
We issue recommendations of recognition for foreign university diplomas
For work purposes we can issue recommendations of recognition for holders of foreign university diplomas which give access to non-regulated professions. This recommendation of recognition is not a recognition as such but a comparative grading which is not legally binding.
We do not issue recommendations for admission purposes.
We do not assess
- university diplomas giving access to
- unfinished studies / individual courses
- undergraduate qualifications of less than 3 years (fulltime) resp. less than 180 ECTS
- upper secondary school-leaving certificates
- further education courses and degrees
- language courses
- work experience
Assessment time: Not more than 2 months
Fees: The processing of applications is free of charge, but the applicant will have to cover the costs for notarisations and translations.
Required documents: Please contact us directly (by phone or by e-mail).
Higher education admission
Holders of a foreign upper secondary school-leaving certificate or of a higher education qualification who wish to study at a Swiss university, university of applied sciences or university of teacher education must contact the higher education institution directly.