Main Content

Technical Professions

Architect and Civil Engineer

In Switzerland, work permits for these professions lie within the jurisdiction of the cantons. Some cantons (Vaud, Genève, Lucerne, Fribourg, Neuchâtel, Ticino) regulate these occupations and require a diploma in order to exercise them. In others, above all the cantons in the German-speaking part of Switzerland, the profession is not connected to specific requirements.

In the cantons which do not regulate these professions, recognition of qualifications is not required in order to work. In the cantons where they are regulated, the applicant must be registered in the cantonal register by the competent cantonal body before exercising the profession.

Authorities responsible for the recognition of foreign diplomas

Licensed Cadastral Surveyor

Admissibility of foreign diplomas for the Register of licensed cadastral surveyors (regulated activity in accordance with Swiss law such as the Federal Act on Geoinformation, SR 510.62 and the Ordinance on Official Cadastral Surveying, SR 211.432.2): Swiss Federal Commission for Cadastral Surveyors