Euraxess in Switzerland
swissuniversities has been tasked by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) with acting as the Swiss bridgehead organisation for the Euraxess initiative of the European Commission and for the coordination of Euraxess activities in Switzerland. The following duties are carried out in close collaboration with Euraxess Zurich (EU grants access):
- Strategic development of the initiative in Switzerland
- Euraxess Switzerland: Goals and activities 2017-2020
- General information for international researchers on the national
- Coordination of the Swiss network of advisors to researchers
- Promotion and support in the implementation of the European charter for researchers and the code of conduct for hiring researchers
- Promotion and public relations
- EU projects
- Contact and collaboration with European partners and the European Commission
Euraxess supports the careers of researchers with four different instruments:
- Euraxess Jobs is a Europe-wide job database for researchers who are looking for a position at a university, at a research institute or in the private sector. They can also post their CV in the database for interested employers. There is no charge to employers to post jobs, and doing so is quick and easy.
- Euraxess Services offers information concerning mobility on the national website as well as personal advice at the service centres of institutions of higher education. In Switzerland, these service centres are located at the ten university campuses.
- Euraxess Rights ensures fair employment conditions and good development opportunities for researchers. Universities and research institutions signal their commitment to modern human resources management by signing the charter for researchers and the code of conduct for hiring researchers (charter and code). In Switzerland, some 30 institutions have signed the charter and code. Three institutions have received the «HR Excellence in Research Award».
- Euraxess Links maintains connections with researchers around the world in order to promote Europe as an innovative research location.
Ariane Studer, Coordination
T +41 31 335 07 64
Dr. Gabriela Obexer, Co-coordination of Charter & Code
T +41 31 335 07 55
Liliane Järmann, Portal
T +41 31 335 07 78
Catherine Vésy, Administration
T +41 31 335 07 67