Communication & Networking
The following activities and measures are being carried out for the Communication & Networking sub-project, based on the communication strategy for Internationalizing Universities of Applied Sciences 2013-2016 (german):
The strengths of the Universities of Applied Sciences can be publicized by means of new communications tools. swissuniversities is providing the Universities of Applied Sciences with the following tools in 2016:
- Form Individuals who Shape the Future – booklet
- Postcards as give-aways
- Standard presentation: Meet the Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Animated presentation tool: "The Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts in 100 Seconds"
Our networking uses activities to present the specific strengths of the Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences to selected target groups in our priority countries.
This is mainly done by showing off the achievements of the Universities of Applied Sciences using practical examples from research, teaching and practice. This will lead to greater awareness of the Universities of Applied Sciences as committed and competent training and research institutions working on global topics, such as climate, energy, water, migration, demographics, health, the economy, and society.
1. Mobility programme for priority countries
The mobility programme for priority countries comprises delegation visits to the sites in the Education, Research & Innovation Network (ERI Network) by experts from the Universities of Applied Sciences from 2016 to mid-2017. These visits will focus on the exchange opportunities in all subject areas and provide access to relevant contacts for each subject:
- “Water, Health, Migration”, Ethiopia, in cooperation with swissuniversities Development and Cooperation Office.
June 16–25, 2017
- “Towards Smart Cities – Integrated Approaches”, Astana/Kazakhstan Expo 2017 in cooperation with swissnex-mobile
- "Cybersecurity", Singapore - Australia,
March 9–17, 2017
- "Energy", South Africa Delegation Tour 2016
12–19 November, 2016, Swiss Embassy South Africa
FH Delegation besucht Kapstadt und Johannesburg
- "Arts and Social Innovation for Sustainability", Brazil Delegation Tour 2016
November 7–11, 2016, swissnex Brazil
FH Delegation besucht Sao Paulo und Rio de Janeiro
- "Healthy Ageing in the Age of New Technologies", Asia Delegation Tour 2016
October 17–28, 2016, swissnex China and STCs in Beijing, Tokyo and Seoul
FH Delegation besucht China, Japan und Südkorea
- "Smart Cities" India Delegation Tour 2016
September 4–10, 2016, swissnex India
"Smart Cities" UAS Delegation visits to Bangalore and Chennai
- Education Innovation Delegation Tour 2016
April 4–8, 2016, swissnex Boston and swissnex San Francisco
"Education Innovation Delegation Tour - How can education benefit from technological innovation?"
2. Cooperation with SwissCore in Brussels
The Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences position themselves and network within the European Higher Education Area by means of two cooperation projects developed with SwissCore:
- UAS-Campus Tour, „From the lab to the market“.
As a follow-up to the workshop organized in June 2016 in Brussels, a European delegation of representatives of international higher education networks is invited to a Swiss UAS-Campus tour on 28 and 29 November 2016 (details).
- Internship 2017
February – July 2017
For the second time, is a traineeship for an intern at SwissCore in Brussels established, which lasts six-months and where the intern will write a scientific study to a topic relevant to the subject of the UAS.
- Internship 2016
February – July 2016, SwissCore, Brussels
A graduate of a Swiss university of applied science is on a six-month placement at SwissCore in Brussels. She is exploring a relevant topic in a scientific study and coordinating a workshop to be held there
- Themed workshop
"Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences in the European research and innovation landscape Showcases and Success stories"
21 June 2016, SwissCore, Brussels
The topic will be presented to a group of European experts with examples taken from the practical projects carried out by the Universities of Applied Sciences. This will be followed by a round table debate to discuss issues and new approaches. To exploit synergies, the experts will share their findings on the characteristics and specificities of the Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences in their own networks.