swissuniversities Development and Cooperation Network (SUDAC)
The swissuniversities Development and Cooperation Network (SUDAC) programme seeks targeted support for collaboration between the various types of Swiss higher education institutions and their partners from the Global South in order to achieve an excellent standard of education, research and innovation on global challenges.
To achieve its aims, the SUDAC programme will promote the development of 'Consortia for Education and Research (COFER)' that are oriented towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the U.N. Agenda 2030 (cf. SUDAC project proposal).
The SUDAC programme has had two calls for the creation of COFER. The first call was closed in February 2017, the second and final call was closed in May 2018. A total of 10 COFER has been funded.
List of COFER
In the first call for COFER four projects have been selected for funding by the SUDAC Assembly on May 24th 2017.
- COFER WASH: Consortium for Education and Research in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- COFER SAS4SD: Science Action in Schools for Sustainable Development
- COFER One Health: Creating a Framework for Developing Effective Nutrition and One Health Interventions
- COFER EFORD: Education for Development
In the second call for COFER six projects have been selected for funding by the SUDAC Assembly on May 29th 2018.
- COFER PRO GED: Promoting gender equality and diversity through shared knowledge production
- COFER Innovative Financing in Education and Development: Case Studies and Multi-Media Material for ELearning
- COFER Strengthening capacities and resilience in climate adaptation
- COFER MOOLs: Massive Open Online Laboratories
- COFER Academy 2030: Research partnerships for transformative knowledge and policy
- COFER WelCit: Welcoming Neighbourhoods. Sustainable Migration in North and West African Cities
Phone: +41 31 335 07 58
Annual Conference 2017
More about the annual conference 2017 of KFPE and SUDAC