The ORD Strategy Council is tasked by the partner organisations of the ORD Strategy with developing a common vision for the future ORD landscape in Switzerland and for ensuring both coherence and interoperability of all infrastructures and services while also underpinning the interfaces with other research areas. The ORD Strategy Council also assumes responsibility for initiating and promoting the development and communication of positions and policies across Switzerland in international debates, while guaranteeing that the institutions remain autonomous. The inaugural meeting of the ORD Strategy Council was held in January 2022.
The ORD Strategy Council is composed of high-ranking officials from the participating institutions:
- Prof. Dr. Jean-Marc Piveteau, Rector, Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften (ZHAW) and President of the Delegation Open Science
- Prof. Dr. Martin Vetterli, President, EPFL
- Prof. Dr. Angelika Kalt, Director, Swiss National Science Foundation
- Prof. Dr Thierry Dias, Rector, Haute École pédagogique du canton de Vaud
- Prof. Dr. Daniel Halter, Vice President for University Development, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Frédéric Herman, Rector, University of Lausanne
- Prof. Dr. Joël Mesot, President, ETH Zurich
- Prof. Dr. Marcel Tanner, President, Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Michael Schaepman, Rector, University of Zurich
The ORD Strategy Council is supported by an ORD Coordination Group. The Coordination Group operates under the direction of the Strategy Council and is responsible for preliminary strategic work on behalf of the Strategy Council. Its responsibilities include preparing the meetings of the Strategy Council, supporting the implementation of the Action Plan, coordinating actions with the sounding boards, and ensuring that all key actors are involved.
Two ORD sounding boards support the deliberations and decisions of the ORD Strategy Council. The first ORD sounding board consists of researchers, thus accommodating and acknowledging the needs and experiences of experts in the field; further inclusion and participation of the research community may take various forms. The second ORD sounding board is responsible for grouping service providers involved in the operational implementation of ORD services. The researchers and specialists on the ORD sounding boards are not members of the ORD Strategy Council, but instead provide their expertise for the further development of the ORD landscape.