To achieve the CLOC objectives with the aim of encouraging the collaboration between Swiss and MENA partners and for extending the partnership to other Swiss and MENA institutions, a Grant program is proposed.
The Grant program supports the promotion of SDGs in MENA region in the fields of “Digital Education and Research” in one of the following forms:
A) An activity involving interdisciplinary engagement to promote SDGs in the MENA region, in the form of a:
- Interdisciplinary programs and studies
- Feasibility studies
- Explorative and scoping studies
B) An activity on available research results and based on the conversion of academic research outputs into tools and strategies that supports digital education and research in the thematic focuses of engineering, peacebuilding, gender & diversity and public governance:
- Teaching materials and online resources
- Web-based collaborative infrastructures and tools for education and research purposes
- Proof of concept or prototype feasibility studies
- Skills building Workshops or blended research in a CLOC MENA thematic focus areas
Eligibility to Apply
Teams from all countries of the MENA region and Switzerland are eligible to apply.
The team members can be professors, Master students, Young PhDs and Post-Docs, Research teams, NGOs or Communities of practice. Relevant experience will be evaluated to award the grant.
Two requirements for the team composition:
- At least, one of the partners must be one of our Swiss partners
- At least, one of the partners must be from MENA region
The maximum amount that may be requested is CHF 80’000 per project. 60% of the funding received per project is allocated to the Swiss institutions and 40% is allocated to MENA institutions. The allocation 60/40 is due to Swiss regulation on public funds.
By accepting the SERI contributions, Swiss participating institutions agree to provide the amount of contributions received, in matching funds. These funds can be split in 50% virtual money and 50% real money contributions.
15 September 2021
Notification of Results
1 November 2021
Duration of funding
The grants are awarded for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 3 years.
The start date: From 10 November 2021 on
The end date: End of 2024