Postgraduate students with an interesting research project proposal can often apply for financial support from foundations and other funds. It is advisable to search for foundations which support your particular field of research.
The following directories give an overview of the foundations available:
- Federal foundation directory: All classical foundations under federal supervision have been listed in the electronic foundation directory – in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act of 17 December 2004.
- Through various foundations the Swiss Academy of Medical Sciences SAMS can provide support for research projects in the fields of medicine and biology.
- culturalpromotion.ch is an information service provided by the Federal Office of Culture and the Migros Kulturprozent. The directory contains addresses of private- and public-sector funding bodies.
- At stipendium.ch members can find all grant-awarding private foundations, funds and other organisations. A subscription costs CHF 39,90 for 1 year.
- fundraiso.ch is a digital directory of foundations and sponsors which is linked to the Commercial Register and so updated daily. Basic use is free-of-charge; premium membership costs CHF 290.- per year.
- The online portal stiftungschweiz.ch is the largest digital philanthropy platform in Switzerland. Individuals can navigate through the diverse landscape of foundations or search for people from the world of foundation. A subscription costs CHF 28.- per month (minimum duration 3 months) or CHF 300.- for 1 year.